Our client is in the process of expanding its manufacturing team and is seeking an experienced Plant / Production Manager to lead plant operations. This role is considered to be a senior management position within the organization and is an integral part of planned growth, with additional opportunity to grow into a higher level position such as Director of Operations.
The Plant Manager will take on the responsibility of overseeing plant activities while understanding customer expectations, improving processes and delivering on time and defect free. He or she will manage all functions and direct operations in the plant. This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who shares the company s vision and who can work closely with the executive management team and with key people in production. Most of the time will be spent leading management of production of products.
** Candidates must be able to set up/install a press and solve problems, not just manage and run the plant. Should be a hands-on press expert.
- Ability to oversee and manage all facets of production in a precision metals manufacturing facility
- Ability to set strategic goals for the plant with specific objectives and meet them on a timely manner
- Strong knowledge and experience with mechanical processes with a heavy emphasis on CNC machining and computer design
- Experience with deep drawing is a plus
- Proven knowledge and ability to adhere to AS9100 and ISO 9001-2008 quality standards and ITAR compliance
- Ability develop KPI reports and be able to discuss findings
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage production demands in technical fields such as aerospace, defense and medical parts production
- Ability to manage demanding on-time delivery, quality and precision production requirements
- Experienced in the use of costing, inventory control and purchasing systems
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and work well with others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work productively with both management and subordinates to ensure all business needs are prioritized and met. Ability to multi-task with conscientious attention to detail and accuracy
Job Role And Duties
- Responsible for overall production operations
- Work with executive management team to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, and design and execute a plan of action
- Review financial performance and make budgetary adjustments as required, as it relates to operations
- Provide leadership to the Quality Department to ensure quality standards are met and upheld in all manufacturing and overhead departments
- Ensure strategic direction, goals and objectives are communicated
- Participate in audits as a member of the leadership team
- Ensure that operations maintain AS9100D and ISO 9001-2008 certification in conjunction with the company's quality department
- Ensure cross departmental communication with in operations is accurate and effective
- Ensure all government requirements and regulations are followed
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
- College degree and operations management experience in a metal fabrication and machining environment or equivalent technical school training in tool making and/or CNC programming
- Strong technical acumen with regards to CNC machining
- Minimum of 10 years plant management experience in a production environment, preferably in metal fabrication, machining or deep drawing in the aerospace industry
- Experience in Aerospace or Defense with AS9100 required
- Must have direct experience in installation and press set up- tool and die.
TO APPLY: Please email resume to: