PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for plant(s) level systems operations.
• Procure, install, and maintain servers, LAN and wireless networking equipment.
• Performs maintenance or standard repairs to systems equipment.
• Maintains shop floor programs and databases, and develops program enhancements.
• Responsible for configuration and operations of all local servers.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the local disaster recovery plan.
• Writes manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
• Provides user training to assist users with applications
• Configures security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Provides high level of service to customers on hardware and software packages
• Installs computer hardware and software packages where needed
• Interacts with end-users to identify current procedures and desktop-based LAN system software operations and makes selection recommendations accordingly.
• Remain highly adaptable
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed
• May supervise and direct the work of others.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 6 years relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a related field
• Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
• Experience with SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Basic programming required
• A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications desired
• Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Current valid driver's license
• Good organizational, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must be able to work with team members and under minimal supervision
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0 - 25%
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs. Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results. Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.