What You'll Do
You will be part of Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) working on cutting-edge innovation, cultivating and capturing new opportunities at lightning speed. You will join an internal startup team within the Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. You will work through the whole software development process with a lightweight Agile approach and use the latest tools and processes with a strong focus on software quality.
This role is posted because we expect a similar role or one just like it will be approved within the next month. In the meantime thank you for sharing your profile with us.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to tackle customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest.
Who You Are
You are experienced, confident and hands-on with relevant full life cycle architecture and software development capabilities. You are a passionate and hands-on software lead/developer who can join on the sprint that takes us from prototype to MVP.
Your responsibilities will include :
· Design, and develop a state of the art Enterprise Blockchain platform as part of an internal start-up team.
· Research technical approaches and drive decisions on platform components
· Be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of core Enterprise Blockchain software
· Develop beautiful, maintainable code, with test driven CI/CD development
· Work in an agile environment, drive architecture and design reviews and ensure secure software development
· Design and optimize systems for scalability and high availability
· Build an extensible and modular system that can be adapted to meet a wide range of requirements
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role:
· 4-10 years’ experience in system and software architecture delivering scalable system software (we have multiple needs at different levels)
· Experience with distributed systems and protocol design
· Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL or distributed databases
· Expertise in cloud native, micro-services based system software development
· Strong programming experience in Golang, C++ or Java
· Broad and deep technical knowledge and passion for learning new technologies rapidly and independently. Should have broad technical foundation and understand network, operating system, database and application development design
· Deep understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
· Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Blockchain technologies
· Knowledge of standard methodologies for web-scale infrastructure
· A Master’s degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
· Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of Blockchain solutions
· Bonus: Smart contract development experience
· Bonus: NoSQL, Hadoop
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134