Platform EngineerAbout Dish
Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We are reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We are redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible. Basic Requirements:
Looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team that builds and maintains a fluid moving state of the art Platform as a Service using Public and on-prem Cloud technologies, centered around Kubernetes. Candidates need:
Technologies in our environment:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree in a computer Science field, or
- 2 to 3 years professional experience in a related technical field.
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- Programming Languages: Go, Java, Python, node js, typescript, etc
- CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
- Core Data services: Confluent Stack, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, etc
- Core platform services: Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Consul, AWS, Jaeger, gRPC, Istio, Calico, GCP, NGINX, etc
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns
- Web scale, distributed systems
Compensation: $64,150.00/Yr. - $100,550.00/Yr. Uncapped Commission:
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.