DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
As an Platform Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for deploying automation and best practices for production & non-production environments including public/private cloud & Edge migration of our mission critical applications from the on-prem and remote data-centers.
The successful candidate will serve as a tool "Master User" to administer critical configurations and define key workflows and milestones for the Device and SIM Management Platform deployment activities. He or she will manage and maintain software configurations in development, test, UAT, and production environments and support Lead Platform Engineers and Domain Architects to deliver cutting-edge functionality to contribute to the satisfaction of existing subscribers and continued growth of the DISH 5G subscriber-base.
In this role, you will:
- Triage and troubleshoot complex issues in multiple software environments such as AWS, Unix/Linux and VMWare;
- Work with internal technical teams to identify and build and integrate platform elements required to support key mobile product features;
- Support Device Certification process troubleshooting related to eSIM provisioning and SIM-OTA updates;
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical department metrics;
- Implement and utilize production and pre-production alerting and monitoring solutions using Python, Elastic (ELK), Grafana, Prometheus and/or VictorOps;
- Draft workflows, requirements and technical specification documents for application software;
- Onboard and train new users on systems and tools such as IMPACT OMA-DM, IMPACT Entitlement Server, M2M Remote SIM Provisioning, Consumer Remote SIM Provisioning and SIM-OTA Platforms;
- Bridge the hardware-software divide by creating infrastructure as code (IaC) which can run on metal, in the cloud, or in a containerized environment; all of which make possible the implementation of Edge and cloud-based application deployment, reliability, resiliency, and observability;
- Coordinate with EUMs on the configuration, delivery and pre-provisioning of eSIMs and eUICCs.
A successful Platform Engineer will have the following:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in cloud-native software development (some of which should be in a greenfield development environment);
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent professional experience, Master's degree is preferred;
- Expertise in IT systems integrations and triage with the ability to troubleshoot systems, identify bugs, relate to development, and test fixes;
- Understanding of REST APIs;
- Proficiency in one or multiple programming Languages: Java, C++, Python, Node.JS, TypeScript, etc.;
- Knowledge of CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc.;
- Experience with automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD and/or BDD;
- Knowledge of Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns, web scale and distributed systems;
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred;
- Prior experience creating and testing Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) preferred.
Compensation: $86,400.00/Yr. - $137,100.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.