Platform Software Principal Engineer – Round Rock, TX
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Platform Software Principal Engineer to join our team in Round Rock, TX . We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success. .
- Assist in setting the technical direction for one or more firmware subsystems and ensure their implementation into Dell's PowerEdge Server enterprise product line as a member of embedded software team responsible for embedded server firmware
- This includes feature definition, development process execution, integration testing, fault isolation, manufacturing release and resolution of design and coding issues found in the field
- Participate in the preparation, review, and analysis of software requirements and specifications
- Develop, test, and integrate code for new software projects. Communicate project issues and status
- Use defined software lifecycle methodologies. Review and implement test strategies for software products.
- Contributes to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software.
- Contributes to the development, review, analysis and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems.
- Contributes to the development, test and integration of code for new or existing software of significant complexity involving multiple teams.
- Provides the review, analysis and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software defects and business process problems.
- Presents accurate project status to senior leadership, at both a summary and detailed level.
- Prepares technical documents used internally and externally to provide both summary and detailed technical information other teams require to complete projects and tasks
- BS or MS in Computer Science or EE
- 10+ years experience with embedded C programming on a variety of processors, including software testing and debugging
- Proficient in C (must) , C++, Perl, Python and object oriented methodologies
- Working experience on Intel Server architecture and systems management applications
- Experience with embedded Linux and open source libraries or other embedded operating system
- Experience with low-level firmware or device drivers
- Proficient in OS internals knowledge in at least one environment (Windows, Linux)
- Strong debugging skills using various industry standard debuggers
- Exposure to server and direct-attached storage environments
- Technical team leadership experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and device drivers
- Experience of UEFI development highly desired
- Prefer experience with one or more of the following industry standards or specifications: I2C, IPMI, KCS, SM-CLP,WS-MAN
- Ability to work in a global multisite development environment
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682