About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country's largest online grocery retailer, Peapod. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Position Title: Manager III Portfolio
Position Location: Greenville, SC
Directs lifecycle activities including selection, implementation, and upgrade of a collection of solutions in an assigned portfolio. Oversee the effectiveness of the assigned portfolio against the business strategy and roadmap. Responsible for budget and total cost of ownership of assigned portfolio. Provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation and operational support processes of new Ahold USA business solutions and enhancements of existing application software/infrastructure in the assigned Ahold USA portfolio.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Work collaboratively with Global portfolio management and business analysis peers to maintain the strategic IT project portfolio alignment with Business and IT strategy
• Manages the investment portfolio and ensure that all planned investments are aligned with the business and IT stakeholders and have executive stakeholder commitment
• Continuously evaluate, prioritize and optimize IT investment portfolio based on strategic value, business needs, cost/benefits and critical risk across all regions. The portfolio manager ensures that Investment evaluation process meets Ahold's investment standards and criteria and has the proper authorization level.
• Continuously review the project investment portfolio to identify and exploit synergies, eliminate duplication across all regions and between individuals programs.
• Reviews and assess strategic project initiation deliverables such business cases on strategic justification and risk.
• Manages resources to support demand. Ensure that the "solution teams" efforts are properly scheduled and staffed, that all staff are properly allocated to ensure that commitments are met as scheduled and within budget. Organize and direct the "solution team" and third-party providers in the planning, development, implementation and operations support of systems to support the assigned portfolio in alignment with the IM strategic roadmap
2. Integrated planning and road mapping
Scheduling of programs and projects that best support the strategic intent of Ahold IT
• Scheduling of projects based on financial and strategic justifications in close cooperation with business and IT stakeholders
• Identification of direct and indirect dependencies
• Updates and maintain the integrated portfolio roadmap based on latest changes on project and program level
• Facilitates integrated planning sessions across domains
• Communication of a multi-layered portfolio plan
• Coordinates with Project Managers, vendors and Business Relationship Managers to allocate resources to areas within the portfolio in need of most improvement. Balance the resources across projects and operating units to optimize benefits delivery to the business
• Responsible for cost consequence within portfolio. Study, analyze, and define the impact of business needs on the system components and its interfaces to provide maximum benefits from each system and drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
3. Monitor and report on project portfolio
Analyze and report on the performance of the project portfolio and individual programs throughout the entire lifecycle
• Continuously monitor and track the full Ahold IT project portfolio, its progress and performance and the successful development of the required business and IT capabilities
• Tracking, mitigation of critical and portfolio-wide risks and issues and escalation to the appropriate IT leadership meetings. Monitor overall risk profile of project portfolio
• Co-ordination critical project interdependencies in order to safeguard the coherent and integrated definition, planning and delivery of the portfolio
• Provides senior IT and business leadership with accurate view of the project/investment portfolio based on appropriate performance targets allowing them to make rapid and effective decisions
• Ensures life cycle assessment for selected portfolio components occurs, determining remaining useful life of hardware/software components based on business functionality, technical architecture, vendor strategies, competitor activities, and package alternatives
4. Quality Assurance
Ensure delivery across the project portfolio that is in line with quality standards, in particular for prioritized projects
• Identify projects that require independent quality assurance (e.g. high risk, high value projects)
• Facilitates stage-gates for strategic high risk projects in the portfolio
• Develop portfolio quality assurance framework, standards and tooling.
• Support the delivery of project quality assurance (e.g. peer reviews)
5. Monitor benefits achievement
Report on actual benefits realization based on the approved business case
• Benefits tracking: initiate the process to monitor actual benefit realization in the business after project implementation
• Evaluates if business benefits significantly deviate from expected benefits, escalate issues to the appropriate party and implement lessons learned in the portfolio prioritization process.
#Dicejob Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Relevant Bachelor/Master degree (e.g. Business Administration, IT Management)
• 8-10 years
• 3 or more years progressively responsible management experience in IT
• This role must have knowledge of retail grocery and the technology that supports that environment.
• Maintain awareness of state of the art technologies in the IM discipline. They should have demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technology and trends.
• Proficiency in using structured systems development methods and techniques. Process knowledge/ thinking ( General Architect).
Skills and Abilities:
• Fluent English (word and writing);
• Analytical skills;
• Strong facilitator skills in improvement processes;
• Strong in strategic topics, adding value to vision and strategy