Developing and maintaining project portfolio standards, reporting and metrics management of all projects submitted to our Business Unit. Maintain relationships with and communicates portfolio progress to multiple partners to communicate delivery success against the business strategy and to support the annual planning process across the department. Provide visibility, analytics and consulting into delivery quality and fiscal responsibility on the business objectives across all project portfolios.
• Update project related data in the Clarity PPM tool for new project requests required to move the request through the demand process
• Collaborate with multiple lines of business from a project/portfolio perspective
• Facilitate and support the annual planning process across all LOB project portfolios for the purpose of determining the IT ‘build’ strategy the project portfolios need to deliver on.
• Prepare project list for weekly review calls and facilitate portfolio review calls where necessary
• Build presentations in MS Power Point for executive level audience
• Demonstrate program reporting skills to develop various views of the overall portfolio
• Drive standard metrics that help to identify issues within the organization along with the action plan to resolve them
• Accountable for the LOB project portfolio PPM system and administration
• Make recommendations for improvements to the portfolio management function
• Train project requestors, other partners on the demand management process
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years of previous program leadership and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in PMI project or program management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle
• Experience in driving large scale organizational change efforts. Change champion with good communication skills written and verbal.
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
• Proficient with Project Management tools, PowerPoint deck creation, MS Office skills, including Excel
• Self-starter and high energy; willingness to support others; learn and grow;
• Reporting experience – Tableau, SQL and/or Power BI
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• 4-7 years of related Portfolio management experience
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
• ITIL Foundations or experience working with/in ITIL Service Management and Service Support environment
• Stakeholder Partnership:
o Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders/customers across organization to maximize program effectiveness and influence
o Poised and composed interaction with all levels of the organization (cross Division), including senior-level audience
o Ability to practically apply project and program management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
o Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
• Team Leadership
o Ability to build a high-performance matrixed team by putting the appropriate infrastructure in place to develop a team that consistently delivers
o Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Accountability & Commitment:
o Ability to formulate and gain alignment on end state vision and roadmap for program
o Ability to achieve business outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
• Learning Agility
o Ability to identify opportunities and gain organizational support for strategic initiatives critical to driving the program, as well as, quick hits
o Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
• Business Acumen
o Ability to provide a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes from initiation to delivery
o Ability to understand and take action when changes in program impact other business priorities
• Problem Solving:
o Ability to uncover and take action on hidden problems and risks
o Communicates complex problems and plans to address them to all impacted stakeholders
• Process Adherence:
o Ability to engage in program initiating activities such as identify stakeholders, identifying program management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
o Ability to implement a program communication strategy to drive awareness of the program and organizational value. Provide a compelling reason to increase understanding and agreement; highlight successes to generate buy-in.