Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB Database AdministratorWho You Are
Interested in managing opensource relational and document-oriented databases and the code that interacts with them?
As a Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB Database Administrator you will resolve any inefficient queries that appear in the logs and initiate updates to the latest database version. You will be responsible for performing data transfers between Postgres/MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and MongoDB databases. You will collaborate with other highly technical engineering staff to accomplish project tasks.
- Maintain the physical data model, queries, and service interface for the loading, querying, and maintenance of data in Postgres database and other data sources. It is essential to have coding experience to be able to handle ETL processes and data validation, with either proprietary database languages or other programming languages, such as Java, Python, Scala, or Perl.
- Complete version upgrades, patching, migrations, seeding, testing, and performance monitoring.
- Optimize performance, design indexing strategies, identify patterns in MongoDB document schemas, and manage security and availability of MongoDB clusters.
- Create and execute backup design and disaster recovery plans.
- Work with project and technical managers for project planning, predict storage growth, perform database version upgrade and storage expansion.
- Define, develop, document, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the Database Administration Team.
- Export data out to be loaded into our data warehouse. Improve ETL processes that interact with Microsoft SQL Servers. Write scripts and schedule jobs.
We encourage you to apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
Who We Are
- 2+ years of experience as a Database Administrator.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or another related field.
- Proficiency administering PostgreSQL or MySQL databases.
- Understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans.
- Linux shell scripting skills and experience with production Linux environments.
- Experience working with software engineers in a highly technical environment.
- Database developing and programming skills with either SQL, Java, C++, Python, Scala, or Perl.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MongoDB replica set configuration and management, preferred.
At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Using Vail technology, we make millions of voice interactions better every day. We process around 10% of all toll-free call traffic in the U.S; 1 in 10 times when someone calls a customer support hotline Vail is routing or interacting with that call.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of our team. Now is the right time for a strong candidate to join and grow with us. We have a supportive culture where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
We offer competitive compensation and affordable benefits with flexibility and choice to meet individual and family (including Domestic Partnerships) needs including:
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match every pay period (50% on first 6% of employee contribution)
- 31 days PTO
- Annual Bonus Program
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Relocation allowance
- Employee referral bonus
- Gym membership
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
We are striving to implement and sustain an inclusive and equitable work environment for all employees by sourcing underrepresented groups and continually empowering those individuals within our organization to further enrich Vail's communication solutions. We recognize that equitable and unique individuals benefit our teams' problem-solving, innovation and development efforts. COVID-19
Vail's offices are located in Deerfield, IL, and Chicago, IL. We will continue to interview and onboard employees remotely during this unprecedented time. We are not requiring employees to come into our offices at this time. Once the pandemic ends, we will observe a hybrid work arrangement giving employees continued flexibility to come into the office based on personal, team, and business needs.