Postgres - Technical Specialist
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn t just a job it s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
As Postgres Technical specialist, you will be working as part of a cross-functional product team and will be responsible for designing and implementing Aurora Postgres databases for our proprietary accounting system.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Design and implement Postgres databases
- Contribute to the migration from on-prem oracle databases to AWS Aurora Postgres instances
- Database design and configuration
- Database performance tuning and scaling
- Configure and implement replication for downstream warehouses
- Trouble shoot performance issues at both configuration and code levels
- Contribute in the architecting of HA and DR solutions
- Implement logging and monitoring solutions
- 10+ years of professional hands-on database development and or database administration
- 5+ years Postgres experience (AWS RDS/Aurora experience preferred)
- 2 Years AWS RDS experience
- 2 Years AWS DMS experience
- Advanced knowledge of RDBMS tuning
- Advanced knowledge in PLSQL/SQL troubleshooting and tuning
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated proficiency with core software development processes - debugging, code tuning, code management and branching, coding styles and refactoring.
- Highly proficient in improving performance and reliability of production databases
- Advanced hands-on skills operating in Linux and Windows
- Proven knowledge of application architecture, networking, security, reliability and scalability concepts
- Technical Expertise: Advanced knowledge of software design principles and patterns; Successful delivery of long duration and high complexity software projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following competencies: Creativity, technical analysis, and problem solving, communication, multitasking and client service.
- Must be self-motivated and driven. Strong ability to work with in house resources and vendors
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.