Seeking a Dynamic Postgres DBA to join our growing team!
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our technology group is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with clients through critical issues, consider a career in Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Technology practice.
Work you'll do:
Deloitte is currently searching for a Database Administrator to support the administration of business intelligence and web applications in AWS and support the development, maintenance, and enhancements of database capabilities on an agile, cross-functional team.
• 5+ years of Postgres Database Administration experience. Ideal background would include a mixture of Postgres and Oracle.
• Experience with implementing, performance tuning, and supporting multiple databases
• Extensive experience performing general troubleshooting database maintenance activities including backup and recovery, capacity planning, and managing user accounts.
• Experience in identifying and documenting risk areas and mitigation strategies for process and procedure activities.
• Experience in managing schemas, indexing, objects, and partitioning the tables.
• Experience in managing system configurations.
• Experience creating data design models, database architecture, and data repository design.
• Active Top-Secret Security Clearance
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Previous experience supporting federal clients
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and effectively communicate details with all levels of management.
• Previous experience supporting AWS environments
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.