Power, Utilities & Renewables - GIS Senior Consultant
Are you a GIS professional experienced with clients in Power & Utilities? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and high demand for GIS talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team environment Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years experience
- 3+ years experience in Power & Utilities
- Have significant experience with the Esri suite of software, including a mix of: Desktop: ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcScene. Web: ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder, Ops Dashboard. Apps: Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123
- Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services.
- Experience with Python 2.7 and 3.X
- Experience with the following Python libraries: ArcPy, ArcGIS Python API, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel up to 80-100% (While 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
Work you'll do
- Degree in Computer Science, Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Land Use Planning, or directly-related
- Excellent technical skills in Esri s ArcGIS Platform (Enterprise, Online), Database Management (MS SQL, PostgreSQL), Enterprise Geodatabases, management of data, high-level programming, web GIS services, software issue tracking, diagramming software (Visio, draw.io), SharePoint
- Experience with Python library pyodbc a plus
- Significant experience with designing digital workflows ranging from mobile data collection to database management to data visualization.
- Experience setting up field teams for mobile data collection using Collector, Survey123
- Display attributes of a strong consultant (team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, versatile, and has a client service mentality).
- Experience developing, train, and mentor Jr. technical staff
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and internal team members, and in public in meetings as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Lead one to three workstreams; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
Practice Development & Eminence
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients' priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency. The Team Power, Utilities and Renewables
The Power, Utilities, & Renewables sector is undergoing significant regulatory changes while shifts in outage management are causing many industry leaders to rethink their governance models. Customer expectations for digital connectivity and ease of access are driving business process redesign around the customer experience. Connectivity to the grid is key, and companies are adopting new strategies for asset maintenance and more efficient methods of energy generation and distribution. Deloitte provides a large majority of the Fortune 500 P&U companies with Consulting services now, but moving forward, we have launched a growth strategy to at least double our revenue over the next 3-5 years. By working with Deloitte's Offering Portfolios to update our mix of services to our clients (digital technologies, SAP HANA, Cloud, Grid and Operations technologies), we are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data. Core Industry Solutions
OurCore Industry Solutionspractice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino).
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities. How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.