Fantastic opportunity for a Power Systems Engineer!
Our Chicago-based client is seeking a Power Systems Engineer to perform and carry out various engineering calculations, investigations, and tasks from the acquisition of foundational knowledge and expertise related to a technology or application with the intent to create innovation opportunities to product development application.
Please submit your resume with the link to your LinkedIn Profile.
Why work for the client?
- You’ll work with great people who are committed and passionate about what they do.
- We’re a strong, growing, global company and looking for people that want to be a part of that growth.
- Our people are empowered to think differently and make an impact.
- You’ll do interesting work that will challenge you and allow you to develop further.
- We believe in fostering our internal talent.
- Works on components of an engineering project or operation. May manage small to medium projects in scope from start to finish in accordance with the company's policies.
- Continues to build working relationships internally along with externally. This includes: preparing models, conducting experiments, analysis, and evaluation of results to Prove a Concept prior to handoff to a development team area to actual design and development of products (ranging from mechanical systems, electronics componentry, software intelligence, electro-mechanical systems, etc.) and ability to scale development for mass production(s).
- Develop product specifications and support product development for power electronic products.
- Develop product specifications and support product development for sensors and low voltage electronic components.
- Support development of electronic test fixtures.
- Provide root cause analysis for Field Returns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in electrical engineering related field.
- Embedded system design experience.
- Experience in product development in power electronics.
- Experience with sensor new product development.
- Familiarity with typical lab equipment (power supply, oscilloscope, DMM, etc.)
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier Information Technology (IT) staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 23+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland.
Based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have a narrow focus on a single market (Chicago) and expertise in 4 innovative technical areas;
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Science
· Cloud & DevOps
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.