LearningMate’s K12 and Assessment unit provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing companies who are focused on the K12 and assessment markets. The PowerSchool Technical Lead will be responsible for managing the implementation, troubleshooting, and technical support of the PowerSchool student information systems. They will also be responsible for advising on PowerSchool best practices and technical intricacies.
- Responsible for managing the implementation, troubleshooting, technical support of PowerSchool
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the PowerSchool system and act as a liaison with end-users and internal and external support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation and a resolution.
- Performing routine maintenance and application updates on the servers.
- Create/Document/Update/Review documentation from State and PowerSchool to determine what validation rules should be written.
- Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure and timely to support the mission and activities of the organization.
- Advise on PowerSchool best practices
- Any other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of PowerSchool experience with knowledge of all aspects of PS including but not limited to the creation, maintenance of custom pages, reports, plugins, registration process, scheduling, grading, APIs, GradeBook, Parent/Student Portal, storing grades, EOY procedures, report card setup and training.
- Experienced in data collection of raw data files across multiple departments and multiple systems for data requests for data analyses.
- Is highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage daily activities and short/long-term projects under pressure with accuracy and responsiveness.
- Experienced in working in an education setting or similar environment, not required but preferred.
- Proficient in verbal and written English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings, as needed to solve service issues.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Database Administration, Data Analytics, Information Systems or relevant field and/or equal experience and/or certifications.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Hangout, Zoom, skype)
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning or late evening calls/meetings.