This position is for a PowerBuilder Application Developer. Under general direction, this position will be responsible for all phases of system development and maintenance including:
· Performing analysis and design of Sybase PowerBuilder and IBM DB2 online computer applications.
· Sybase Powerbuilder programming, debugging and testing.
· Programming complex SQL against relational databases.
· Ability to work directly with various levels of business and technical staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
· Providing support and problem solving for production and test issues for large, complex applications in constrained timeframes.
· Mentoring less experienced team members as needed.
· Managing small-to-medium projects or components of larger projects.
· Prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
Performs other related duties as assigned
* Associate Degree in Data Processing or equivalent.
* At least five (5) years full lifecycle software development experience. Software development experience must be current in the last 12 months and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system.
* At least five (5) years software development experience with the Sybase Powerbuilder Integrated Development Environment (IDE), version 10.0 or higher. Experience must be current in the last 12 months.
* At least five (5) years GUI and object-oriented development experience involving a sophisticated, large-scale client/server application (150+ windows) with a Microsoft Windows client and a relational database server. Experience must be current in the last 12 months.
* At least five (5) years experience with relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL accessing a large, complex application database (on the order of 200+ tables, 1500+ columns, 200+ relationships, 200+ million rows). Experience must be current in the last 12 months.
* Experience with researching and resolving online production support issues of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
* Strong collaborative skills, service oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with various levels of business and technical staff.
* Strong analytical skills that include working directly with business staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
* Strong organization, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact