The primary purpose of this position is to lead a dedicated team of IT Consultants in providing end-to-end solutions, including pre-sales and billable client consulting work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and motivates IT Consulting staff through coaching, mentoring, and performance management practices; sets clear achievable goals and puts necessary metrics and milestones in place to monitor and ensure progress; ensures certification requirements are met for all IT Consultants and vendor product lines
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and retains IT Consulting team members
- Provides guidance for setting strategic direction for practice area
- Develops target account and market penetration strategies
- Establishes and fosters client relationships
- Participates in overall business planning, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company s competitive position
- Manages vendor relationships as necessary for successful execution of project implementation and to support technology initiatives
- Resolves customer escalated or critical situations, working with Sales, Presales, other departments, and vendor or subcontractor personnel as needed to drive issues to resolution
- Identifies, understands, and communicates emerging technologies, market trends, and client needs; aligns with product and service opportunities; reviews new products and partners
- Oversees delivery of Practice projects, including:
- Ensuring projects are delivered on schedule and in accordance with the scope, cost and other parameters defined in the SOWs
- Mentoring Pratice Managers and/or project leads to ensure an efficient task assignment and development process
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Minimum ten (10) years IT systems design and/or support experience to include a minimum three (3) years IT Management experience
- Experience deploying production IT Services
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to structure, organize, and lead a team of technical personnel
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and retain technical talent
- Demonstrated track record integrating different vendor offerings to deliver end-to-end technology solutions
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to motivate a team to realize the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to understand macro trends in the IT industry and to visualize and capture market transition opportunities
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and ability to delegate when appropriate
- Relevant certifications in appropriate technology areas
- Relationships with leading vendors in the IT manufacturing industry
Data Privacy and Security :
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.