Requisition Number: 84167
We are Insight Digital Innovation.
Insight Digital Innovation is dedicated to making the impossible possible. We combine cutting-edge technology, creative thinking and the power of scale to deliver radical business transformation.
Our areas of expertise include Cloud enablement, Data & AI, DevOps, Digital strategy, Intelligent applications, IoT & smart edge and Transformation Services.
From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
Microsoft2020 US Partner of the Year
Databricks2020 National Consulting and SI Partner of the Year
HashiCorp2020 Partner Award: Americas Investment Partner of the Year
Intel2020 US Innovation Partner of the Year
Our Insight Digital Innovation team is searching for a creative, collaborative, and professionalService Manager to help lead our Strategy and Design team.
A Service Manager is aligned to a location or region and a practice. At Insight, a "practice" is our organizational structure of teammates with a shared skillset - Strategy & Design. As a Service Manager, there are five areas of focus that you will be accountable for - Team Management, New Business & Sales, Strategic Delivery, Community Engagement & Hiring.
- Provide leadership, set common direction, and mentor teammates within your Practice.
- Partner with local branch leadership, Sr. Mgrs. and other Practice Mgrs. nationally to collaborate on staffing needs, teammate-to-opportunity alignment, teammate engagement, and the overall execution of local, regional, and national strategy.
- Collaboration & Planning with other peer Practice Managers
- Career growth planning
- Understanding teammate ambitions and helping them plot appropriate courses to reach them
- Ongoing career conversations / connections
- Envision for your team and collaborate as all appropriate levels to set Annual Practice initiatives
- Ensure teammate individual goals support practice goals and are appropriately challenge each teammate
- Team communications - 1-on-1s, team meetings, evaluations
- Interpret and disseminate corporate communications
- Develop new leaders within your practice
- Develop, identify, and mentor those (typically Team Leads) who can serve as an extension of your role
- Address performance issues and disciplinary actions including PIPs and termination
- Ongoing staffing and financial planning/monitoring
- Ensuring opportunities and openings are best aligned to skills, availability, and career goals
- Monitoring utilization
- Building branch culture and encouraging diversity & inclusion
- Manage training budget
- Help identify opportunities for teammates
- Encourage training and knowledge sharing
- Approve or make the case for training approval
- Approving expenses, timesheets and training
- Determine bonus, merit increases and promotions
Sales & New Business
- Clearly communicate what Insight, DI and your practice does and the value proposition
- Partner with Solution Executives to cultivate an opportunity pipeline that is representative of the full-breadth of your respective practice capabilities.
- Ensure opportunities align to skills, availability and career goals for the practice
- Support pre-sales activities such as sales calls, opportunity assessments, Quick Estimate Assessments, Request for Proposal responses, and Statements of Work
- Participate in the proposal, estimate, and approval process for client opportunities.
- Collaborate with National Practice Leads to drive new growth opportunities for your practice capabilities.
- Collaborate with other PM's, Sr. Mgrs., Sales and Delivery leaders
- Build relationships and expand high priority accounts
- Working on Client Billable Work up to 50% capacity as needed
- Help drive delivery excellence accountability within the practice
- Understand high-level financial accountability/responsibilities for your practice
- Collaborate with Delivery Manager to understand staffing needs, project health, and assisting with troubled projects within your market
- Encourage involvement in the tech/practice community
- Support events as needed through attendance, sponsorship or speaking
- Foster relationships with local, regional, and potentially national partners as needed (e.g. Microsoft, Scrum.org, etc...)
- Identify, qualify, interview, hire, and grow a diverse and skilled team that meets the anticipated needs of our clients
- Approve job reqs and final hiring decisions
- Update job descriptions as needed
- Ensure high-quality of teammates and culture is maintained
What We Look For...
- ~10 years of experience in the industry.
- ~ 5 years experience in professional services consulting
- Experience as a team leader or manager
- Experience estimating work, writing statements of work, proposals, reports and/or business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and other teammates.
- Someone who demonstrates a true Servant Leader mentality and ability to continue to grow personally as a leader
- Desire to build and grow a team
- Expertise with user experience research and design tools
- Proven ability to build trusted client & team relationships
- Experience speaking to all areas of user experience and product strategy
We have created ateam-orientedenvironment withquality people, career advancement opportunities, great work/life balanceandan excellent compensationandbenefits package.
Our people appreciate that they represent a brand that isinvested in growing local relationships while working globallyanddoing what is rightfor our co-workers and clients.
We are high onsupporting each otherandhiring/developing the best technical professionalsin the industry.
Diversity and inclusionis essential at Insight's 87 offices across the globe. Our teammates each bring unique life experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds - and we believe that's a fundamental factor in building stronger teams.
These are some of the reasons why we are often selected as aBest Places to Work award winnerin the cities where we work.
Discover moreatinsight.com...or justAPPLY!
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Chicago || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Chicago, IL ||Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Supply Chain Manager, Consulting, Developer, Manager, Operations, Technology, Strategy, Management