A Software/Computer/Electrical/Aerospace Engineer, motivated to learn and excel in an embedded software development environment utilizing NASA's core Flight System (cFS), is needed for immediate support of new and existing programs. Candidates will perform the full software lifecycle as part of a team using cFS to implement spacecraft flight software for both existing and in-development programs.
In addition to developing software, candidates should be familiar with basic electrical engineering practices as they apply to integration and debugging of avionics systems in a laboratory setting. The ideal candidate will have expertise in C/C++ programming, hands on experience with realtime operating systems (VxWorks) and be knowledgeable of embedded software development, integration and test of aerospace systems. An understanding of waterfall, spiral and Agile software development processes and continuous integration using Jenkins is valuable and the ability to use open source tools to perform software rapid prototyping is also desirable.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Participate in the software development lifecycle using an Agile-oriented process.
2. Make frequent contact with both internal and external customers concerning design, development and maintenance of software. Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters.
4. Work directly with integration and test and other engineering disciplines to resolve spacecraft system problems
5. Develop software process automation as part of a DevOps pipeline to implement recurring software and system tests.
This position can be filled at the Principal Embedded Software Engineer level or Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer level, depending on education and/or years of experience.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications for Principal Embedded Software Engineer:
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Software/Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- At least 5 years of Embedded Software Engineering experience
- Diverse programming proficiency: C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Able to develop in both Windows and Linux environments
- Solid communication and teamwork skills
- Understanding of common embedded system tools, real-time operating systems and avionics integration and test practices
Bachelors of Science Degree in Software/Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or similar degree
At least 9 years of Embedded Software Engineering experience
Diverse programming proficiency: C, C++, Python, Matlab
Able to develop in both Windows and Linux environments
Solid communication and teamwork skills
Understanding of common embedded system tools, real-time operating systems and avionics integration and test practicesPreferred Qualifications:
Experience with NASA core Flight System (cFS) and Trick simulation
Experience building models and simulations
Experience with spacecraft command and data handling functions
Hardware interfacing, integration and test and controls experience will be highly beneficial
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions