Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Network Engineer, in the Engineering & Science (E&S) function helping to support the Network Design and Engineering discipline within Central Region Engineering.What You'll Get to Do:
This role will have responsibility for the development, design and implementation of complex network architectures as well as support of state-of-the-art solutions in NGMS captures, programs, research and development. The candidate will need to understand vulnerability management and mitigation methods as it relates to mission critical network architectures in a deployed weapon system.
The qualified applicant will exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment while leading ad hoc teams in the development of designs and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Identifies, documents, and communicates requirements for integrating new and legacy systems into existing architectures. Develop and conduct testing of network designs including the identification of risks and potential mitigations. Supports the investigation, documentation, and communication of hardware/software selections as well as identifying implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Evaluate
and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Maintain solid technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches and firewalls.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
HUNTSALMSTRYou'll Bring These Qualifications:
- BQs for a Principal Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 5 years of Network Engineering experience; 3 years with MS; 0 years with PhD.
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Network Engineer are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 9 years of Network Engineering experience; 7 years with MS; 4 years with PhD.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networks, fiber and RF communications
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting tools
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, test reports, and trade studies
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately in active voice
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of test events and demonstrations (25% required)
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Active CCNP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with OSPF and L2TP protocols
- Familiarity with DOD network STIGs related to switches and routers
- Familiarity with DOD communications platforms
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle
- Experience testing and integrating in a System of System (SoS) environment to meet evolving requirements
- Hands-on experience with video encoding (MJPEG, MPEG4, etc)
- Hands-on experience with mesh networks
- Hands-on experience with tactical encryption solutions
- Experience with Army tactical C2 systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.