At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers.
- BSEE (or related field) with some combination of the following course work: microwave theory, satellite communications, radio-wave propagation, electromagnetics, antennas. Good understanding of communications and microwave theory.
Five years experience required.
- Ability to work with others from engineering and non-engineering disciplines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good oral presentation skills and comfort with customer and supplier interaction. Ability to write technical documents clearly and concisely.
- Well organized and able to keep track of and make progress on multiple simultaneous tasks. Able to function under pressure.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiar with engineering analysis tools such as MATLAB or Mathcad, and support tools such as Visual Basic for Applications
Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance.
This position can also be filled at the Senior Principal level with a BS & nine years experience.
MSEE (or related field) a strong plus
- Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus:
> Experience performing satellite link analysis
> Understanding of microwave component/system measurement techniques and equipment
> Understanding of digital modulation/demodulation schemes for high data rates
> Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques
> Experience with software defined radios and programming FPGAs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.