Description: About GLOBALFOUNDRIES\:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com. Summary of Role\:
The Fab 9 Controls team is seeking a motivated Process Technician to become part of our 200mm Fabricator team in Essex, VT. The position is critical to sustain and improve how we use data to control our tools by updating and improving the IT connections between process tools, control algorithms, charting, and feedback loops. This position is 5 days a week Monday through Friday. Essential Responsibilities include\:
- Create and update code for Data Collection Algorithms (DCA) and SPC Charts to support Module tool additions and improved control schemes
- Collaborate with Module Engineering on defining optimal controls solutions and implementing the IT solutions.
- Maintain a high level of error free work following change and deployment standards.
- Project manage Controls requests, working with requestors and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate critical information to the broader team
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Actively participate in continuous improvement as appropriate
- Identify chronic problems and drive solutions to address
- Complete all required reporting and documentation, especially with regard to change management
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Qualification: Required Qualifications\:
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as C
- Associates Degree and/or Technical Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant semiconductor experience
- Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Strong team player, able to work independently and well with others
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, taking initiative to drive solutions to problems
- Additional programming experience such as Pearl or Python
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.