Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Manhattan Beach, CA., or Melbourne, FL., have an opening for a dual level req for Sr Prin or Prin Cyber Sys Engr. Primary responsibility is to design, develop and integrate HW and software that makes up a small size Data Center system. The systems are a mix of physical and virtual machines that make up an entire turnkey system that combines multiple independent classifications. Technologies used include, VMware ESXi and vCenter, Horizon view and thin clients, Windows server domain products as well as Windows 10 desktops, MS SQL, HBSS, ACAS and Backup exec. Candidate should understand Implementation of network routing and Cisco firewall configurations as well as sub netting for the environment. Introduce infrastructure as code concepts to reduce deployment time and configuration errors of manual deployments. Duties may include scripting for optimizing the environment, project management for defining and implementing upgrades to the environment, and serving as consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of engineering/development staff.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Sr Principal level.
BQs for a Principal Cyber Sys Engr are: High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 9 years of of applicable Cyber Systems Engineering experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university and 5 Years applicable experience ; 3 Years with Masters;
BQs for a Sr Principal Cyber Sys Engr are: - High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 13 years of applicable Cyber Systems Engineering experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university and 9 Years applicable experience ; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Strong understanding of Windows systems and domain administration with good troubleshooting skills
- Automation experience with Bare metal deployments, via scripting, Ansible, etc.
- Focus on cybersecurity from an administration standpoint (GPOs, SCANs, REMEDIATION, RMF/DIACAP experience)
- Strong organizational skill since they will be dealing with many moving parts and multiple products at the same time with different delivery schedules.
Experience with: Virtualized Computing Data Center rack and stack, installation and configuration:
- Hardware: Dell PowerServers, CISCO Routers/Switches/Firewalls, Storage Array, Thin Clients.
- Infrastructure Software: VMWare (vCenter, ESXi, HorizonView), Active Directory, WSUS, iOS.
- Security/IA: HBSS, ACAS, SysLog Servers.
- Mission Software: multiple desktop-type applications hosted on virtual machines in the data center.
- Automation: Ansible, scripting.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to lead small team (2-3 people), organize work and status execution to management team.
- Knowledge of DOD classified networks
- Cloud deployment processes (DevSecOps)
- DOD Cloud Deployments (Initiatives/Technologies/Integration)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.