At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as an Embedded Software Engineer based out of Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on the development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Software Engineering department; working in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other developers, other engineering disciplines, and our customers.
What you'll get to do:
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software related to the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of our products
- Ability to act as focal point and lead on user interface designs and development. This would involve providing technical direction to teams of 1-5 engineers.
- Provide extensive technical expertise to create solutions for a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Work performed without appreciable direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation of our software applications upon completion (dependent on program phase)
The ideal candidate will have experience including the full software lifecycle: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration.This position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below.