Architect. Leader. Coder. Advocate.
Are you a seasoned developer who knows everything about network infrastructure? Or a chief architect with a hacker alter ego.
If you find yourself immersed in DevOps conversations over drinks and obsessed with answering coding questions on Quora and sharing your work on GitHub, we may have the perfect role for you.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Director, API Architecture & Developer Evangelist you’ll..
- Provide thought leadership and active evangelism as we build and grow the Cisco DevNet Developer community
- Drive development teams to adopt API-First strategies and will collaborate closely to ensure that the API’s you’re designing are consumable and easy-to-use.
- Present to both VP-and-higher roles and to a room full of tech-savvy developers.
- Directly engage with Cisco target accounts to define and implement partner and customer co-creations
- Describe and demonstrate the power of APIs through real-world use cases
- Lead engagements and outreach opportunities such as workshops and briefings with Cisco partners
- Provide development leadership for production and actively code
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco DevNet is our developer program to help developers and IT professionals who want to write applications and develop integrations with our products, platforms, and APIs. Cisco DevNet includes Cisco's products in software-defined networking, security, cloud, data center, internet of things, collaboration, and open-source software development.
Who You Are
- A Senior Technologist with deep industry experience that can span across Cisco's portfolio of technologies including IoT and networking.
- Architect / Developer
- Tech community leader/activist
Your background includes
- Deep experience with deploying and operating software solutions into cloud environments
- Automation of cloud resources (boto, HEAT, salt-cloud, CloudFormation, TerraForm), and Automation of configuration (chef/puppet/salt/ansible)
- Strong experience in developing scripts and tools to automate software deployments and installations.
- Experience in handling and resolving issues from the production operational environment.
- Experience in database operations (Oracle/MySQL/Postgres/MongoDB etc)
- Very strong in a DevOps model where development and operations have a close collaboration
- Experience in cross training engineers
- and training developers
- Very strong in modern distributed source code management tools (git/GitHub)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.