PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of IT technology strategies and the definition and communication of architecture standards, target state architectures, and roadmaps for Enterprise Cart and Checkout. This role will architect and design a highly available and extreme scale system to be deployed in Cloud, Data center and Stores infrastructure with modern CI/CD practices.
This role provides expertise and guidance to architects on the design and establishment of architecture standards to ensure alignment with current and future business needs. This includes responsibility for developing and maintaining the architecture for assigned portfolios and driving the adoption of new technologies while considering the present environment. Overall, this role must ensure continuity across the enterprise, alignment on IT architecture, and technology direction across business and IT leaders.
- Leads a team of Domain Architects in support of assigned portfolio.
- Leads the development of technology strategic roadmaps within a portfolio of several domains by collaborating with executives to translate business strategy and IT objectives into an architectural approach
- Drives development of target state architecture and alignment of business, applications, data, integration, infrastructure architectures, and/or solutions by collaborating with other architects and solution teams
- Oversees research on industry standards, technologies, and trends to establish best practices that guide the design of technology solutions
- Develops and mentor-s other architects and drives the maturity of the Enterprise Architecture practice
- Develops and maintains the IT enterprise architecture for assigned portfolio by developing target state architecture based on current need and improvement opportunities. Ensures alignment of this architecture to business and IT objectives.
- Provides the vision for strategic roadmaps to align business, applications, data, integration, and/or infrastructure architecture
- Manages the development of transition plans and retirement plans for moving from the current to the target state architecture
- Evaluate and approve architecture deliverables as a member of the Architecture Review Board
- Accountable for the selection of new technologies and validating that selection aligns to target architecture and technology direction
- Maintains and promotes the functional use and value of architectural governance, target state architecture, reference architectures and models, architectural standards, architectural guidelines and patterns
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field with 12+ years of experience in IT, including 8+ years of experience in IT architecture. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 6+ years of experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- Experience defining Target State Architectures and Roadmaps
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams with direct reports
- Experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
- 4+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
- Experience with commercial off-the-shelf package integration
- 3+ years of experience in cross-domain IT architecture
- 4+ years of experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman
- 3+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or IT system solution providers
- Experience in IT within the retail industry
- Experience in technology governance
Lowe-s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE- 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe-s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe-s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.