Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Principal Agile Release Train Engineer
The Agile Delivery Operations team is looking for talented, highly motivated, servant-leaders interested in building, growing and transforming the storage industry’s most innovative mid-range product division. This individual should be focused and accountable with a desire for a challenging and rewarding growth opportunity. As a core team leader, the Release Train Engineer (RTE) drives processes and execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and promotes continuous improvement throughout the organization. A solid understanding of applied agile methodologies at scale is essential in understanding the unique opportunities and challenges associated with organizing, facilitating and continuously aligning a large software program with the guiding business strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become an integrated member of the team focused on delivering incremental customer value via a release train model.
- Drive train-level continuous improvement via Inspect & Adapt workshops and constant demonstration of a Kaizen mindset.
- Work with Product Manager and Product Owner to align business strategy and PSI execution.
- Applies the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe, see www.scaledagileframework.com ) methodology to facilitate release planning ceremonies.
- Provide daily leadership and coaching to scrum masters, team members to apply scaled agile practices to achieve business success.
- Drive the Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum teams to facilitate release planning preparedness (definition, grooming, scoping) to ensure that each release train has an actionable, prioritized backlog.
- Ensure that the Program has high visibility and understanding of the critical data for the release train – dependencies, issues and risks, Inspect & Adapt plans, train-level metrics, etc. and communicates appropriately.
- Define and publish the team’s PSI (Potentially Shippable Increment) objectives.
- Lead Scrum of Scrums meetings.
- Facilitate team collaboration with Technical Lead and System Architect to ensure high quality technical delivery.
- Encourage scrum team and train-level quality practices to apply SAFe’s - Agile Software Engineering Practices for Achieving High Quality Code – including Agile architecture, continuous integration, acceptance test driven development (ATDD), and collective ownership.
- Participate in Portfolio and Program Management process improvement and standardization activities.
- Act as a role model and change agent from traditional project manager/program manager to Agile servant-leader.
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably.
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily, storage related preferred
- Desire to work collaboratively with Agile teams and their stakeholders
- Strong servant-leadership skills
- Program/Project Management experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including understanding of technical writing requirements
- Experience interfacing with senior leadership
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Background in IT, storage, or data management a plus
- Bachelors (Technical)
- One or more agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSP, CSC, Scrum.org, ICAgile, PMI-ACP)
- SAFe Agilist, SAFe Program Consultant a plus
- 3 years of successful agile application working with increasing numbers of teams
- 7+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience
- Agile experience in a hardware oriented engineering team desirable
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.