About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
- courage & innovation
- agility & performance
- inclusivity & collaboration
- integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.Key Responsibilities
Interfaces with Business Relationship Managers, providing technical and functional expertise to provide vision, oversight and coordination across portfolio of technical solutions being developed in the Salesforce CRM ecosystem. Develops, maintains, and communicates processes and standard practices related to the high-level design, development, and implementation of solutions across portfolio of projects and enhancements in the domain. Ensures solutions meet business needs along with architecturally significant functional and nonfunctional requirements. Works with the business to define technology roadmaps. Helps to ensure outside partners are educated on approved technical solutions and works with those partners to ensure requirements are met.Key Activities
- Lead team through a transformation to use agile methodology for all projects, coordinating the development of processes and tools.
- Influences & Translates business domain understanding and context to technical capabilities for technical architects and development teams.
- Accountable for collaborating with business relationship managers and business stakeholders to understandbusiness requirements, identifying solution gaps and available capabilities, and defining solutions to meet the business need.
- Provides Strategic guidance by Researching the market and approves Make vs Buy options to meet business requirements
- Document high level design of solutions
- Validate and ensure the determination of effort and skills required to implement solutions
- Responsible that work scope is maintained, and solutions are implemented, managing approvedChanges
- Conducts/Co-ordinates application scan and risk review to validate privacy, security, and risk policies are met
- Accountable & Responsible for examining the current systems architectureand working with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems
- Guide and Influence how to leverage technology to solve a business problem, working with enterprise architects for onboarding new solutions through the SBD review process.
- Lead, Collaborate along with Enterprise Architecture to shape EA guardrails, standards and patterns
- Trains and Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles, guardrails, standards, patterns and frameworks.
- Validates outside partners are meeting SBD Requirement.
- Business acumen
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development)
- ITFS Project Methodology knowledge
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Application domain knowledge
- Understanding of current and future technologies
- Oral & written communications
- Business case development
- Estimation of project scope/duration
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Integration Technologies
- Infrastructure technologies, including cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Web/Mobile Technologies
- Expertise in application technologies/platforms/capabilities with a broader understanding of the overall environment
- Ability to influence
- Ability to execute
- Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions
- Adaptability / ability to manage change
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving / analytical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Undergraduate degree and 13+ years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and 10-12 years relevant experience.
- At least 2 Salesforce certifications
- 5+ years of Salesforce platform experience in different roles
- Previous experience as a successful enterprise architect is highly desirable
- 7 to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management, or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment - or five years of experience in solution architecture, business analysis or business strategic planning
- Demonstrated track record of leading high-performance teams toward the successful attainment of challenging goals
- Internal or external management of those units.