You will be joining iVision’s Consulting Services team as an Azure Architect. In this role, you’ll work with our Sales, Pre-Sales, and Delivery teams to facilitate, enable, and accelerate our enterprise customers’ cloud migration journey and modernize their business on Microsoft Azure.
Working with iVision’s strategic customers across multiple verticals, you’ll help them understand their own cloud readiness and develop migration strategies that solves business challenges leveraging cross-functional internal and client teams. Your opportunity will also focus on understanding customer business needs/drivers as well as the existing data center architecture to deliver a cloud readiness assessment to customers and then use these inputs to design and build reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations. You must be effective at working with customer and partner leadership to qualify, develop, and close deals around migrating and modernizing applications, including large-scale data center migrations.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with many functions of the organization including iVision’s leadership team, sales team and solution architects, managed services team, consulting services team, product management teams, and marketing. You will also work closely with Consulting and Managed Services Architects and engineers to drive best practices related to the ongoing support of our clients’ Azure environments.
What You Could Achieve
- Create, articulate, and position an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly understand the benefits and transformation value of migrating to Microsoft Azure
- Define and execute technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within iVision (Solutions Architects, Managed Services Architects, and Professional Services consultants)
- Work with large scale network, compute, and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects
- Engage with internal and customer development, infrastructure, security, and IT operations teams to define repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration
- Collaborate with Consulting and Managed Services Architects to drive the development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities for iVision and our clients
- Engage with C-level customer executives to inspire, define, and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach to enterprise migrations, working to solve business challenges
What You’ve Accomplished
- Experience in a Solutions Architect, Enterprise Architect, or Lead Architect role leading the discovery, design, and construction of medium to large scale Enterprise Migration solutions
- Experience architecting, designing, and migrating workloads to Azure
- Experience in project-based consulting related to application or system architecture
- Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration automation, and operations technologies and tools
- Familiarity with common services such as Identity and Access Management, Directory Services, Virtual Desktops, Networking, etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code (IAC) platforms like Terraform, Ansible, and Azure ARM Templates
- Knowledge of Azure Advisor, Azure Security Center, Infrastructure and Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Azure administration, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Experience with Azure Database Services, Container Services, Policies, governance, native monitoring, alerting, and security
- Experience with Azure networking, connectivity to and within Azure, including VPN and ExpressRoute
- Familiarity with Microsoft workloads (Windows Services and Servers, Active Directory)
- Presentation skills with a high level of comfort speaking with executives, IT leadership, and engineers
- Experience leveraging a variety of cloud assessment and migration tools
- Critical thinker with the ability to design and implement solutions that solve complex business challenges
- Ability to maintain ownership and independence in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and sense of urgency in all stakeholder communications
- Comfortable mentoring and working with mid and associate level engineers to grow overall team and individual skillsets