At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a dynamic builder to collaborate closely with AWS and VMware cloud architecture, network orchestration, and engineering peers across DISH to secure the delivery of product features of DISH 5G Network CI/CD automation. The successful Principal Cloud Engineer will function as an expert in cloud-based solutions with a focus on delivering network-level CI/CD processes to automate deployment of layers of DISH 5G network in the cloud, e.g. Service Layer, CNF Layer, Infra Layer and ORAN Layer in the DISH 5G hybrid cloud environment.
The Principal Cloud Engineer will partner with consumer-facing and regional markets to understand customer requirements and translate them into DISH's 5G CI/CD automation features and use cases to achieve zero-touch network operations.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Contribute to ongoing CI/CD automation process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, maximize hardware/software efficiencies and increase service up-time;
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and steer product/solution roadmaps;
- Develop, document and execute the network CI/CD automation processes involving CI/CD pipelines of AWS and VMware cloud platforms, CNF deployments, infrastructure as code, end-to-end automation across layers of cloud-based network functions;
- Provide innovative solutions that leverage modern deployment tools and techniques to make recommendations that support a rapidly growing environment;
- Provide technical oversight of third party vendor's deliverables to ensure what is being delivered meets DISH's standards and can be scaled and operated by DISH;
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure alignment and successful implementation.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_ROSkills and experience
Successful Principal Cloud Engineer candidates have:
- Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related technical degree; 6 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Working knowledge of software defined network (SDN) architecture, open API and network orchestration;
- Solid understanding of VLAN, IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling;
- 4or more years of professional experience in virtualized or containerized architectures such as Kubernetes, Docker and VMWare, technologies including Docker and Kubernetes and cloud architectures such as AWS or VMware;
- 5+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and tools, such as: Vault, Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform;
- 10 or more years of accumulated experience with systems integration, requirements analysis and process implementation;
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps concepts, lifecycle and composition of JSON/YAML files;
- Ability to break down complex problems, implement custom solutions and automate them in a secure manner.
Ideal Principal Cloud Engineer candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of inventory management, logistics and IT network architecture;
- 5or more years experience architecting or managing deployment pipelines based on industry standard tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins and Argo CD;
- 5or more years experience programming using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby or advanced Shell scripting;
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon EKS or Google GKE;
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Assessment & Authorization packages under the Risk Management Framework (RMF);
- Experience with designing real-time monitoring using industry standard tools such as Prometheus, ElasticSearch and Grafana.
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, this role provides all the benefits you need to be successful. Check them out on our careers website.
Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.