Principal Cloud Engineer, Oracle for StartUps
Location: Remote/US Nationwide
Do you have the technical breadth that it takes to help startups migrate to the Oracle Cloud? If so, apply now to join the Oracle for Startups team!
What You Will Do
Oracle for Startups offers free cloud credits, 70% cloud discount from day 1, hands on assistance, unlimited access to Oracle’s global technical support, additional Q&A and escalation support, hands on assistance, engagement opportunities with Oracle’s 430.000+ customers and other benefits.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will leverage Oracle’s deep expertise to lead startups’ migration to the Oracle Cloud to prepare them to reach larger customers.
What We Deliver
- Superior Performance:We combine no network or CPU over-subscription, and locally attached NVMe storage, with a high scalable, flat network design to limit the network hops between compute and storage to a maximum of two.
- Scalability:We distribute across multiple “availability domains” with independent resources like power generators, cooling equipment, networking and servers.
- Security: We isolate startups, protect data at-rest and in-transit and offer effective and easy-to-use security controls, and comprehensive log data.
- Predictable Pricing:We don’t have complicated pricing models tied to individual services, and eliminate hidden and unpredictable costs related to things like bandwith, data egress and storage.
- Openness:We respect the freedom to use multiple clouds, and choose different languages, frameworks, libraries, runtimes, databases, etc.
- Smooth Transition:We minimize the impact to the business (target is always zero) during migration.
Who We Are
- Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
- Resist Passivity:We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
- Always Be Scrappy:Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
- Cloud Adoption Centric:When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
- Metrics Driven:When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
- Planetary Scale:The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
- 10+ years of professional career with at least 5 years of hands on experience with OCI, AWS or Azure
- Familiar with core infrastructure (virtualization, bare metal, Kubernetes), databases (Oracle Autonomous Database, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) and caches (ELK, Redis, Memcached)
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure automation (Chef, Terraform), integration (APIs, iPaaS, SOA) and emerging technologies (blockchain, digital assistants)
- Good verbal and visual communication skills in English (other languages are a plus)
- OCI, AWS or Azure certifications
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 20000CVX