DXC Technology seeks a Principal Cloud Engineer (51006477).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of cloud, solutions, applications or related experience.
- 7 years of experience in AWS.
- Experience working with industry and/or company developed technology
- Experience working with Catalyst and/or equivalent customer or vendor mandated technology
- Experience working within a business environment, business industry and competitor products and services
- Experience working with appropriate cloud technologies, programming languages and scripting, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
- Experience working with the architecting, designing, documenting, building and troubleshooting of complex solutions
- Experience working with the deployment of enterprise wide tools for large, complex organizations
- Experience working with various tools such as vCenter Operations, EMC Virtual Storage Integrator, Zenoss and Spectrum
- Experience working various networks protocols, platforms and applications such as DNS, BMC and Oracle
- Experience working with project management plans and methodologies
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management, project management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Willingness to travel
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as a trusted advisor and provides advice and counsel to customers on cloud solution matters. Drives solution architecture, and ensures the solution strategy aligns with business strategy.
- Leads the installation and configuration solutions including platforms, related components and integration points. Creates designs, as appropriate, based on approvals from identified stakeholders. Identifies and implements revisions to meet customer needs and strategies.
- Drives and designs blueprints and deployment policies that meet customer requirements and specifications. Identifies enhancements and/or upgrades, and revises as necessary to ensure continued support of customer needs.
- Researches and selects resources to meet business needs. Creates solutions in relation to, and use of, tools, techniques, software, hardware, programming languages and third-party tools/libraries applicable to the solution.
- Identifies automated solutions and capabilities applicable to the customer environment. Develops automated solutions and capabilities for deploying tools and technologies. Designs implementation strategies and implements as appropriate; develops enhancements as appropriate.
- Creates automated functional and integration testing of solutions. Develops strategies for, and uses approved/designated tests, software and applications.
- Creates and executes project timelines and budgets to ensure the customer and company strategies and needs are supported.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Office environment
- May require shift or weekend work
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.