At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Computer Hardware Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL at our Manned Aircraft Design COE.
- COTS hardware design and estimate performance within the constructs of the hardware
- Design and develop computer and network architectures, perform hardware integration and testing, and requirements analysis
- Trade studies, documenting subsystem architectures, analyzing performance, and evaluating Technology Readiness Level (TRL) with regard to supplier current and future products offerings
- Developing supplier documentation, performance based specifications, and statements of work
- Building supplier evaluation criteria and experience in conducting technical evaluations, documenting results and selection
- Review documents from the supplier's development effort and support supplier technical interchange meetings and design reviews
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of electronics engineering experience OR Master's Degree a STEM discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of electronics engineering experience OR PhD. Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university
- Demonstrated experience in PC computer architecture and associated elements: processing hardware, operating systems, board support packages, messaging middleware, networking standards/protocols (e.g. 1553, 1394, Ethernet), or data storage.
- A current active in-scope DoD Secret security clearance or higher is required to start with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD. Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Possess a DODD 8570 certifications, such as CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or similar network/security certifications
- Experience with embedded systems, Unix or Linux operating systems, single board computers, networking components, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), single board computers and Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions
- Basic scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Experience with integration of COTS electronics into military systems
- Experience with supplier team management, working on a multidisciplinary team and/or writing technical proposals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.