We are seeking a Principal Consultant to bring a visionary mindset providing technical leadership and strategic direction to our clients.
SQA Group is a professional services organization in growth mode, with a healthy network of Fortune 500 companies as a client base and a team of people focused on a broad range of transformation services and solutions. We drive innovation for our clients – helping them improve process and delivery – by applying cutting-edge technologies and methods to solve the hard problems. As a key member of SQA Group’s unique differentiation team, you will provide hands-on leadership to inspire personnel and build brand credibility by 1) listening and understanding client business/technology initiatives; and 2) prescribing solution options to IT Executives. This role is focused on client success, solutions delivery, and is responsible for large or complex project execution or multi-project execution.
The people in our Client Solutions & Delivery career track drive solutions and capability excellence through the design, development, and/or delivery of a solution or capability. They provide thought leadership at the highest level, working with our client executives on agile transformation, full lifecycle automation and quality engineering projects. The success of this role is dependent upon a thorough knowledge base in large program management, development, and quality engineering. You will work closely with our clients as a credible influencer working across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to lead the design, build, test, implementation, and operationalization of technology products and process improvements.
The Principal Consultant, Quality Engineering will operate with a visionary mindset, providing technical leadership and strategic direction to our clients. You will collaborate in pre-sales efforts, sharing technical knowledge, identifying client needs, submitting insights and solution options, and leveraging our internal assets to accelerate implementations while ensuring solution quality.
The successful candidate for this role:
- Understands the direction set by senior management as it relates to strategic goals
- Identifies opportunities for improving and growing SQA Group’s service offerings
- Supports business development with consultative pre-sales, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within our firm’s offerings
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solutions and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Provides management of client engagements. Responsible for achieving target results and successful delivery
- Manages small teams of consultants and work efforts at a client, or can also deliver by leading co-engineering efforts
- Primary upward interaction is with client sponsors and stakeholders. Collaborate and interact with peers and management levels at a client and within SQA Group
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance, selecting the appropriate tools, technologies and design patterns
- Architects and acts as the lead Developer for software-based solutions, such as Test Automation Frameworks
- Billable utilization range of 75%
What You Bring
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on complex projects with many different components and work streams
- 15+ years’ current experience as an application architect and developer – a “guru-level” coder who remains completely hands-on
- Have a background in application development methodology and development management, an experienced practitioner of Agile methodology
- Experience leading projects and understanding what makes them successful including managing budget, meeting client needs, and leading a team
- Up to date on the latest tools and concepts including Selenium, Page Object Model, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Proven ability to design applications to test or deploy other applications as well as the ability to create dynamic structures and infrastructures
- Understanding and familiarity with current trends within Cloud, IoT, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics
- Master-level knowledge of all layers of testing and test automation: unit, GUI, API, Systems, Integration End-to-End/End User Experience, Batch/ETL testing
- Understanding of process and regulatory environments
- Experience building a technical solution for a client by researching the latest tools and processes
- Knowledge of how monitoring and performance testing creates a scalable reliable system
- Familiarity with secure coding principles and understanding of security testing
- Ability to navigate various landscapes of different clients, while understanding the dynamics and challenges within those different environments
- Excellent negotiation, change management, problem solving and decision-making skills
- C-level written and oral communications and presentation skills
What We Bring
- We are passionate about providing the tools necessary for our employees to succeed.
- We provide extensive training and onboarding, excellent benefits, a true open-door policy, transparency, coaching, mentorship, and a culture you can rely upon to develop you personally and professionally.
- From day one, your opinions and ideas will start impacting our business and culture. We encourage you to ‘show up to level up’ and value everyone’s experience.
- We work cross-functionally to develop and deliver customized solutions for our clients. Often, the success of one group is reliant on another. If you enjoy working at the heart of interdependent teams, we want to meet you.
SQA Group is a software engineering and IT services firm helping clients transform in a connected, data-driven, digital world. With a focus on continuous transformation, we partner with leading organizations to build capabilities, engineer quality, automate end-to-end code deployment, and accelerate implementation and adoption across the enterprise.
SQA Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.