Cybersecurity Professionals, We Want You! Cyber assets everywhere are under siege from a wide spectrum of threats. Almost daily, these threats grow in sophistication, breadth and speed. At Northrop Grumman, we take a holistic approach to cybersecurity, looking at the whole cyber landscape of people, processes and technology and the whole security realm of offense, defense, and exploitation. Thought leadership demands nothing less. We are seeking experienced Information Systems Security Professionals across the country to support classified information systems lifecycle activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as an appointed Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) or Alternate Information Systems Secuity Manager (AISSM) for multiple programs.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments. Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DAAPM, 800-53), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Familiarity with DoD RMF processes to include prior experience with submitting packages to DCSA Authorizing Officials (AOs).
Northrop Grumman has fantastic opportunities for your career growth. If you are ready to solve complex problems in a dynamic environment, apply today!
- Must have an Active/In-Scope Secret Security Clearance
- Master's Degree with 3 years of experience OR a Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of experience OR an Associate's Degree with 7 years of experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with 9 years of experience.
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAM II or III certification (Examples: CAP, CASP+ CE, CISSP (or associate), CISM or GSLC) OR be able to obtain this required certification within 6 months of starting this position.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a technical emphasis (e.g. Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science).
- System Administration experience.
- Experience with security hardening, assessment and reporting tools (SCAP, Nessus, eMASS).
- Top Secret security clearance.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- CISSP certification or Equivalent DoD 8570 IAM III certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.