Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Principal Cyber Software Engineer position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
* Software developer that is eager to learn, works well with change, is a team-player, self-learner, self-starter with experience with software lifecycle to join team in dynamic environment developing microservices in cloud-native environment written primarily in Go (Golang) with some Java, deployed in Docker containers and managed by OpenShift/Kubernetes in Linux environment.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience required. An additional 4 years of related technical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Experience with Java or C/C++ and willing to learn Go.
* Programming with SQL using a major relational DBMS. Including table design.
* Use of a source code control system.
* Familiar with Agile practices.
* Use of communication protocols, including HTTP.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Experience with Go, Kubernetes/OpenShift, Docker, Git, Jenkins, ActiveMQ, Python, Linux, REST, JMS, PostgreSQL.
* Programming messaging interfaces.
* Use of an integrated development environment (IDE).
* Mobile Android application development .
* Experience with Prometheus, Kibana, Ansible.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.