Climb to new heights on your journey when you start defining possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today! Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The successful candidate for this position encompasses knowledge and experience using systems or software engineering methodologies and techniques to include requirements development and analysis at all stages of the lifecycle. This role is responsible for Systems Engineering/Cybersecurity Engineering duties throughout the Systems Engineering V with an emphasis in one or more of the four area: secure software, secure technology, secure networks and enclaves, and/or secure requirements and verification. Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in one of the following engineering disciplines; systems, network, software, mechanical, aerospace, electrical, or data systems. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations and significantly diverse assignments and be comfortable working on large teams of engineers from multiple disciplines. #LI-JR3Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 3 years of relevant experience OR PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and at least 0 years of systems of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle including creation of Approval to Operate (ATO) artifacts
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of the Systems Engineering v and/or Software development lifecycle process
- An active, in-scope DoD Secret level security clearance with issue or reissue in the last 5 years
- The ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access within a reasonable amount of time as required by the program to meet business objectives
- DOD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or similar
- Experience working on military aircraft/spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in network security engineering, cryptography, secure software architectures, cross-domain solutions, reverse engineering
- Advanced STEM degree
- Experience designing and implementing security architectures
- Experience with DoD system security engineering activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.