At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman is seeking creative, skilled, and motivated Cyber Tester to join our team in San Antonio, TX. The role is focused on adversarial vulnerability testing against DoD Cyber Security, Cyber Resiliency, and Cyber Survivability capabilities implemented in Northrop Grumman's systems, products & services. The Cyber Tester establishes plans for DT/OT test events as dictated by DoD Acquisition milestones and executes test events plans. Team conducts full-scope vulnerability assessment, exploit development, and penetration testing against mission critical weapon systems and platforms.
Location: Virtual / telework with regular travel (approximately 30%) to Northrop Grumman Corporation and customer locations What You'll get to Do:
- Code analysis & hardware/binary reverse engineering to identify functionality and vulnerabilities on hardware & software including avionics, weapon systems, and embedded systems
- Evaluation of system security configurations for effectiveness and exploitation opportunities
- Develop and execute complete adversarial cyber testing scenarios against components, applications, operating systems, or complete integrated systems
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and integration of Offensive Cyber Operations tools against platforms, payloads & systems
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and integration of system Cyber Survivability Attributes
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports and briefings
- Bachelor's degree in Software Development, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or other similar STEM related degree with minimum five (5) years years of relevant professional experience (military, defense industry, cyber security); higher academic degrees can be substituted for some experience or 9 years of professional experience in leiu of a degree
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
- Must have software development skills to support penetration testing, including vulnerability development, R/E tool modules, covert tunneling, scanning scripts, and passive collection
- Experience identifying and developing exploits for avionics and embedded systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI access with a SSBI clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or other similar STEM related degree, to include 7 years of experience in Cyber Protection
- Experience developing or implementing Radio Frequency waveforms using Software Defined Radios
- Technical certifications that support pen testing such as OSCP/OSCE/OSEE, GPEN/GXPN, PenTest+
- Experience with: RTOS experience (Integrity, Nucleus, VxWorks, etc.); PowerPC, ARM, Xilinx FPGA, RISCx, other hardware computing development experience; Assembly language experience (any current architecture/OS); TCP/IP MITM, spoofing, exploitation experience; Platform communications protocol expertise (ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, Spacewire, etc.); Cryptanalysis and cryptosystem exploitation experience
- Understanding of and experience either executing or defending against complex, targeted cyber threats to high-value systems and data
- Active Top Secret/SCI access with an SSBI completed within the past 4 years, is highly desirable
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.