TechStar Group is a niche Product Development, Business Solutions, and Global IT Services firm based in Dallas, TX. At TechStar, we help drive customer success by leveraging our deep expertise in IT Solutions and Business Process improvements to enable our clients to achieve their organizational objectives.
Founded in 2002, TechStar Group has grown to become a solutions and implementation partner of choice to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, TechStar currently has offices and delivery locations throughout the US and India.
Job Title: Principal Data Engineer- AI/Machine Learning
Location: Boston, MA or Salt Lake City, UT
Duration: 6+ Months
About the opportunity:
• Advance degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or related technical fields.
• Hands on experience developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (regression, decision trees/random forest, neural networks, feature selection/reduction, clustering, parameter tuning, etc.), using relevant programming languages (Python, PySpark, Scala, Java, C++, C#, C, etc.), mathematical/statistical/ML languages and platforms (R, H2O.ai, Octave, Matlab, Weka, SAS, etc.) and big data tools and languages (Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies. Experience in evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing tools for a project.
• Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience in projects involving large scale-multi dimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams. Three to five successfully launched ML projects.
• 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
What we offer:
At TechStar, we are always seeking high-performers who are at the forefront of technology. We provide competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and access to challenging opportunities that facilitate personal and professional growth.
Learn more about us at: www.techstargroup.com
C: 972 591 8719