Do you like to work for a forward thinking technology company?Do you enjoy technical challenges?Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value.Partner with the best
Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble, and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies. Assist in reworking, repairing, and modifying non-conforming equipment. Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation. Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical trouble shooting techniques. Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence. Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
As a Principal Data Scientist
, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Building strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, plan and execute data sciences roadmap.
- Actively participate in customer engagements and develop strategies to scale the impact of data through development of effective data sciences and analytics applications.
- Translating analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
- Lead innovation to deliver additional business value through utilization of data assets and data sciences based analytics solutions.
- Partnering with software and analytics development team to build requirements for data and application development infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analytics development.
- Partnering with business executives and various departmental heads across the business to implement advanced analytic data modelling systems.
- Have a master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field.
- Have 10+ years of hands on experience in a data science position, working as a Senior Data Scientist.
- Experienced in scripting languages and rapid prototyping skills.
- Have proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex data problems, strong quantitative modelling skills, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimization
- Have the skills in statistical and modelling packages such as SAS, Statistica, Matlab, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively.
- As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
- Good domain knowledge and hands on experience of working in energy industry
- Experience working with Big Data technologies
- Experience writing scripts to manipulate data or automate data pipelines using Python, Ruby, Java, or similar.
- Proactive and self-driven requiring minimal supervision
- A creative and strategic thinker, be a change agent
- Comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident working with leadership teams and executive decision makers.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.