JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are currently seeking a talented Principal Database Engineer to leverage innovative and emerging database and data management technologies to support the design, prototype, development, and integration of a new generation of analytical tools for a Mission customer. You will utilize your talents to architect, design, engineer, and implement databases and structures to enable the ingestion, storage, and retrieval of very large and complex data sets created from dynamic data streams. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the production of valuable intelligence to facilitate positive mission outcomes.
- Support the architecture, design, and implementation of relational and object-oriented databases that enable the design, prototype, and development of unique analytical tools to enable the manipulation of extremely large data sets and real-time systems
- Design, develop, integrate, and maintain data structures, database parsing and ingestion algorithms, queries, and data retrieval methodologies
- Conduct analysis of alternatives (AoA) to support the recommendation of approaches, tools, and technologies to support dynamic variations in data volumes, data distribution, number of users, response times, retention rules, and security controls
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to support requirements definition, integration & test, and deployment of newly developed capabilities
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline. Experience in lieu of a degree in acceptable.
- 10+ years of database architecture, design, and engineering experience
My SAIC Benefits.