Principal Cloud Operations Engineer
To apply directly email Kailey Harvell at and reference #1104119
- Applicant must be able to work without requiring any current or future Sponsorship
Apex Systems is looking for a Principal Cloud Operations Engineer. This Engineer will design, develop, deploy and maintain cloud-based enterprise software solutions. As a core member of our talented team, you will work on challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to expand your technical skillset working on the latest enterprise-level cloud and security technologies. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Use and enhance the DevSecOps pipeline to manage application and infrastructure changes. Automate and integrate processes using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Git, Jira, and Jenkins. Mentor the team to embrace an infrastructure and configuration as code mindset. Automate verification testing, deployment, failover, and rollback.
- Orchestrate automated installation and configuration of applications operating in containerized and server-based environments.
- Operate and enhance third-party cloud-based applications for application security, endpoint protection, identity management, firewalls, event management and network security. Research, evaluate and implement new solutions.
- Design, develop and implement cloud infrastructure and services to meet operational requirements. Drive adherence to the principle of least privilege across all aspects of the cloud landscape.
- Administer and enhance the cloud-based extended network including transit VPCs, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, connectivity with clients and third-parties, and internal zone-to-zone communications. Focus on security, performance, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Administer cloud-based Linux and Windows servers and containers. Drive adoption of the zero trust model across all cloud-based resources.
- Act as a senior-level escalation point for production system monitoring, support and incident response.
- Develop technical improvements and fixes by leading collaboration with our team and vendors.
- Work with team members to ensure processes are fully documented by maintaining technical references including articles, diagrams, spreadsheets, and checklists.
- Provide expertise and guidance related to cloud engineering and automation to management, internal teams and customers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A security clearance is not immediately required, but candidates may be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- At least five years of post-bachelor's experience in a software related technical field.
- At least four years of experience in an operations engineering role providing in-depth production environment technical support for web-based applications in a cloud environment.
- Strong current experience engineering and supporting production web-based applications on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Current proficiency working with the tools, technologies and processes described in the job duties and responsibilities.
- Mastery of the TCP/IP stack, DNS, and network technologies.
- Expertise working with web-based application architecture and operations.
- Experience maintaining modern relational database systems and expertise tuning SQL queries
- In-depth understanding of system architecture design for cloud environments. Experience and expertise configuring and operating production systems on AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- A creative and resourceful problem solver with an aptitude for systems thinking.
- Motivated to research new technology, strategy and techniques that will benefit the team, the company, and its clients.
- Self-motivated with flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to methodically work with a sense of urgency without compromising quality.
- Able to solve complex customer or internal business requirements.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .