DIRECT CLIENT REQUIREMENT
Job Title: Principal Developer (VP)
Location: New York, NY
Key objectives critical to success:
The successful candidate will join the team to lead software development and system support covering regional and global platforms. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform/manage system support covering a wide range of business applications, problem resolution and ownership of issues and communication back to the business.
- Contribute to projects and system enhancements using in-depth expertise in technology, and knowledge in domain areas, and provide solutions that will deliver value to stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership, stakeholder management, contributes to KPI reports and ensures system support documentation and other knowledge repositories are kept current.
- Perform line manager responsibilities and mentor teams on best practices and methodologies.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering with total of 10+ years of experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with multiple web technologies such as J2EE, Design patterns, WebLogic, Spring, JDBC, ASP, IIS, XML in Unix and Windows environments.
- Proven experience in architecting and developing web applications using Node.JS, Spring, Angular frameworks
- Hands-on with deployment and maintenance of web applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat or JBoss application servers.
- Extensive database development experience in MS SQL Server/ Oracle database and SQL scripting.
- Experience in building highly available, scalable and maintainable SOA based enterprise solutions and MVC based rich internet applications.
- Well-versed with enterprise infrastructure, networking, load balancing, disaster recovery and firewalls. Through understanding of SDLC processes including agile methodology.
- Strong experience designing and architecting strategic platforms while leveraging enterprise solutions for workflow, rules engine, messaging, entitlement and ETL.
- Analytical skills to model business functions, processes and dataflow within or between systems.
- Strong problem solving skills to debug complex and time-sensitive production incidents.
- Good interpersonal skills to engage with senior stakeholders in functional business units and IT leadership.
- Familiarity with global delivery teams and offshore/ near-shore models.
- An understanding of investment banking sector, specifically nuances associated with various internal/ external regulations.
- Prior experience in delivering technology solutions to corporate functions such as Audit, Legal, HR, Business Continuity, Real Estate.
- Certification in Project Management, ITIL, DevOps, Cloud Architecture is preferred.
- Experience with technology used for enterprise content management and document capture/ imaging such as OpenText Documentum, Kofax Capture etc.
Since 2002, APN Consulting has been inspiring success in IT through meaningful connections between employers and candidates. We are trusted by a vast array of companies, from small enterprises to some of the world s most trusted brands to present the best talent for their contract, contract to hire and full-time positions. To learn more, please visit us online at www.apnconsultinginc.com