At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Electronics Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is at our Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence located in Melbourne, FL.
- Design, develop, and analyze system architecture and design documentation
- Design, research, analyze, and perform hardware integration and testing
- Working on a multidisciplinary team and will have, in part or whole, responsibilities in writing technical proposals
- Test and verification of a Data Display and Control system, in an integrated systems lab
- Test and verification of Supplier software builds in integrated environment
- Research, develop, and analyze software problem reports
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and5 years of electronics engineering experience or a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in electronics engineering or avionics system architecture and test.
- A current DoD Secret level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a period reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start.
- A current DoD Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years.
- Current Special Program Access
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with integration of COTS and new development electronics into military systems.
- Experience testing software and electronic systems in a Systems Integration Lab.
- Experience in estimating application performance within the constructs of the hardware and experience in methods of measuring application performance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions