Principal Embedded Firmware Engineer in San Jose, CA for Global semiconductor company
As a Principal SW Developer, you will be responsible for architecting and developing embedded FW that operates on a PCIe switch. You will work cross functionally with marketing, architects, software test, and silicon development to document, test and develop high quality SW. This is a unique opportunity to work with the industry leader in PCIe technology delivering game-changing solutions in machine learning, storage, composable and other datacenter technologies. You will be part of a world class development team that works with the largest and most influential hyperscale and enterprise technology companies in the world.
- Develop and document new SW features for a software development kit.
- Review software test plans.
- Develop unit tests.
- Work cross functionally with silicon development, architects, test teams, and marketing to deliver embedded FW
- Hands on ability to bring-up FW on new silicon, boards and systems
- Lab experience working with various PCIe hosts and endpoints. Good lab troubleshooting and debug skills.
- Strong C based programming skills as well as scripting knowledge.
- 7+ years of experience in software development of embedded FW, especially on a RTOS running on embedded ARM processors and a BS in Computer Science
- Experience with I/O drivers is a plus
- Excellent understanding of programming languages (C programming preferred), SW development flows, and production SW test policies and practices
- Experience in datacenter technologies, especially PCIe, storage, networking or machine learning
- Good working knowledge of PCIe
- Broad and extensive knowledge of SW development and processes, especially in RTOS and highly efficient embedded systems
- Good understanding of data center SW stacks (storage, networking, machine learning, etc )
- Familiarity with HW components, boards, and systems
Location: San Jose, Ca
Type: Full Time