A global leader in the science of heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring is looking for a Sr. - Principal / Staff Embedded Software Engineer to build new features within their growing medical device systems and products.
This Fortune 500 medical device company is developing an innovative diagnostic monitoring application that will be used by hundreds of thousands of nurses and physicians to change the way heart diseases are diagnosed and treated. You will play an integral role in logic development in C/C++ for RTOS and ICE/JTAG .
If you are an expert at C/C++ multi-threaded development, with medical device experience and/or strong RTOS/C# experience you will be a strong contender for this position! Any development on Windows 7 (or above) embedded programs will be a strong plus along with an ability to debug code. This is a collaborative team values strong communication skills and high-energy contributors that want to add to the future vision of the product. If this sounds like you, please apply today! This is a Full-time ONSITE position in Costa Mesa CA. Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of direct experience in software development
- Experience in real-time embedded software development using C/C++
- Experience with commercial RTOS
- Experience developing software in multi-threaded/multi-tasking environments
- Experience with Hardware/Software integration and debugging
- Experience with laboratory instruments e.g. oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Knowledge and understanding of OOD and OO methodology
- Knowledge of ICE/JTAG and software unit testing.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience is required.
- A bachelor's or a master's degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is strongly preferred
- Excellent documentation and communication Skills
- Knowledge of full SDLC processes, UML and static analysis is preferred
- Experience in tool chain and build environment set up is strongly preferred.
- Experience in medical device software development is strongly preferred.
- Experience with GUI development a plus.
- Experience with networking protocols, including wireless, is a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% C/C++ RTOS Embedded Engineering
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Design / Architecture
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up 140-170K Base Salary
- 10-15% Bonuses
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance, dental, vision
- 401(k) 6% Match
- 2-3 weeks PTO
- Retirement contributions
- Paid Education advancement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship. Candidates MUST be Local to OC and able to work onsite