Provides senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise's overall systems architecture. Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that lead the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and applications across the enterprise.
Build/Design engineer (architect, build, and then hand-off to operations team)
Unix, Linux, AIX, Oracle, SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, other RDMS/non-RDMS, Windows, VMWare, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes/containerization, vRA, vROPS, NSX, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet, Monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Pandora, Netcool, etc.. The position has programming and/or deep scripting skills. The position should help applications teams on-board into containerization and vRA blueprints and automation. This is a hands-on position to build and engineer a new architecture for Thryv
- An Principal Engineer/Architect is a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement and support products and product components on a predictable schedule.
- Capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Experienced in designing application-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems.
- Sound functional knowledge of enterprise application architecture in Spend Management domain including Procurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
Conducts reviews and advises and designs standard software and hardware builds, system options, risks, cost benefit and impact on the enterprise process and goals.Responsibilities:
- Develop the target state architecture for the most complex projects, which define the end-to-end solution for the most strategic or complex project within Coupa and is utilized as the source of truth for planning and execution across business and technical domains.
- Document the solutions leveraging existing standards and create new templates where required; present them to project-specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skills are imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed.
- Wide knowledge of architecture standards and patterns, a passion for advocating their correct usage and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Work alongside Development Managers to review and/or create the feature designs for the major/minor releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenance releases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer-facing issues.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineers, designers, and developers.
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support, and Operations, to ensure the success of overall software development, implementation, and deployment.
- Lead/support system level trade studies
- Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and track them through design, integration, and operational validation
- Support a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrate team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
- Identify required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and drive corresponding updates to closure
- Coordinate and collaborate with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
- Support multiple engineering insertions simultaneously while ensuring the various maturations are synchronized
- Lead/support development of big data analytics capability
- Gather business and functional requirements from external/internal customers, and translate requirements into technical specifications and architectures that are robust, scalable and supportable
· Perform architecture feasibility analysis and make recommendations to senior management regarding product architecture options
· Develop and document architecture specifications that serve as the reference for engineering and execution
· Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance
· Provide design and validation reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
· Drive technology roadmaps in areas of expertise to drive innovation and meet the needs of the long term product roadmap.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must successfully complete pre-employment screening process
Unix, Linux, AIX, Oracle, SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, other RDMS/non-RDMS, Windows, VMWare, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes/containerization, vRA, vROPS, NSX, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet, Monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Pandora, Netcool, etc..
The position has programming and/or deep scripting skills.
The position should help applications teams on-board into containerization and vRA blueprints and automation. This is a hands-on position to build and engineer a new architecture for Thryv
- 7-10 years previous experience in infrastructure/systems environments performing systems planning, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization
- Extensive systems knowledge covering, Unix, Linux, WINDOWS AIX, Oracle, SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, other RDMS/non-RDMS, Windows, VMWare, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes/containerization, vRA, vROPS, NSX, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Puppet, Monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Pandora, Netcoo VM technical platforms would be required as these are the infrastructure platforms in use at Thryv
- Experience and extensive knowledge of electronic storage hardware and software is required on par with operating systems experience and platforms
- The role requires the ability to interpret technical specifications of hardware and software vendors and apply them to establish architectural solution for Thryv’s business