Principal Engineer, Device Technology
The Device Technology Team within T-Mobile USA is responsible for designing and launching new technologies on devices, conducting industry research and completing the evaluation of new technologies pertaining to the radio and core network to support our business objectives. The person filling this role will perform research and evaluation of new technologies, apply business case analysis, make recommendations to the business, develop new technologies in collaboration with device and network vendors, and drive and support launching new technologies in commercial devices.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership. Responsibilities
- Technical Expertise: Device Technology Development
- Developing and maintaining detailed designs for various network technologies in devices, ranging from 5G Technologies, LTE Advanced features for spectrum efficiency, small cell technologies to Internet of Things. Performing Evaluation of technologies as well as bringing the technology to life via demos, proof of concepts, lab and field trials.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact.
- Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Present highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical decision-makers. Continuously learns, creates content, and teaches others specific subject areas. Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions. Coach and develop engineers across functional teams on technology decisions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the VP organization related to architecture, design strategies and standards. Understand financial decisions, including NPV and ROI, based on customer experience/business drivers. Owns and drives Proof of Concept and technology roadmaps. Influence technology and policy decisions made across VP organization.
- Technology Strategy: Evaluates new and existing technology options that support business goals. Proposes technology position for the company across the VP organization
- 7+ Years Technical engineering Minimum Required in the wireless industry
- 7+7+ Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge and experience working on LTE and 5G Technologies on network or devices
- Foundational knowledge of 5G Technologies
- Strong understanding of wireless industry test and validation practices to perform technical validation. Working with tools such as QXDM, TEMS, Wireshark etc.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with signaling and protocols.
- Good working knowledge of IMS a plus
- Solid understanding of IP protocol stacks and their operation over wireless links.
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work
- BS in Engineering. MS Highly desirable.
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer
Travel may be required, up to 10%
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Network Technology #LI-AS1 Company Profile
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com EOE Statement
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.