Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
At The Converged Platforms Division of Dell EMC, we invented converged infrastructure and became a billion-dollar global market leader in rapid time. Now we’re planning a future filled with aggressive growth, innovation and leadership. That’s why we’re investing in people who are as passionately excited about customer satisfaction as we are. If you’re a System Engineer and enjoy the challenge of building a career with a dynamic and evolving global technology organization- bring your ideas, creativity and ambition. Success happens here. And we want you to be a part of it.
Principal Engineer, Product Technologist – Hopkinton, US
VxRail CSE is the Engineering face of the VxRail. We evangelize VxRail technologies globally to help drive sales and gain market share. We serve as the Engineering liaison between the Dell EMC field, our customers and development and escalation engineering. We engage across the entire sales cycle with the goal to remove obstacles, provide accurate and timely information, and become trusted advisors to our internal and external customers:
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Provide technical product articles, documentation, white papers, presentations, demonstrations, trade show participation, field sales and customer consulting, and customer briefing presentations
- Develop and provide leading-edge and ongoing product education using video conferencing, formal education, regional office visits and 2nd level technical consulting support for the sales help desk
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative
- Acquires, develops, executes and documents performance benchmarks comparing EMC products to the industry. Influence development efforts/scope with technical documentation and training materials
- Provides technical consulting and installation advice with on-site customer presentations
- Advise on future product enhancements. Provide technical work direction and training to other staff members and deliver presentations at customer and SE meetings
- Provides technical work direction and training to other staff members and deliver presentations at customer briefings and SE meetings. Field visits consulting with customers and EMC personnel on technical analysis and feedback of perceived products strengths and weaknesses
- Field skill enablement for Hyper-Converged solution, able to deliver workshop, PoC, knowledge transfers for capture business opportunity
- Act as interface to Hyper-Converged product team to monitor and manage feature request, including any required management escalations to resolve issues
- Customer-Facing Activities
- Proof-of-Concept Assistance
- Beta Support
- EBCs / Field Briefings
- Roadmap Updates
- Escalation / Issues Assistance
- Engineering Requirements
- Drive requirements for strategic accounts
- Escalate issues and propose solutions
- Transparent Knowledge Transfer
- Quick and efficient access to engineering knowledge via training etc.
- Quick and immediate escalation of sales issues to engineering management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiar with VMware vSphere 6.x administration, configuration; VCP certification is preferred
- Familiar with VSAN technology on understand how it works and hands on skill.
- Familiar with NSX knowledge, prefer has hands on skills on configuration and solution design.
- Design VMware vSphere based virtual infrastructure for an enterprise data center, understand whole VMware solution ecosystem
- Hands-on capability for VxRail demonstration, drive PoC success with strong problem solving skills
- Ethernet networking background, CCNA is preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, able to lead technical conversation professionally with customers, partners, cross-functional teams
- Possesses Hyper-Converged system strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts
- Communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation
- Understanding of business environment
- Project management skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Presentation skills
Education Required: Bachelor (Technical)
Experience Required: 8+ Years
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.