Who You will work with:
Cisco IOS-XR software is a modular and fully distributed network operating system that powers Cisco's cutting-edge routing/switching systems like the CRS-1/3, ASR9000 and NCS6000 in service provider networks. The IOS-XR group is building the next generation hardware and software products that will transform the Web/OTT, SP datacenter and traditional SP spaces.
The IOS-XR OS and infrastructure engineer ing team designs and develops Linux Operating system software and overall infrastructure (virtualization, admin, high availability, manageability and QoS/Policy/ACL infra) software for Cisco's service provider routing and switching platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work on the foundational layers of IOS XR software and it ongoing evolution that powers several products addressing a large customer base covering traditional SP, Web/OTT and SP datacenter market segments.
What You Will do:
• Architect, Design and develop Next Generation Operating system and infrastructure software modules for IOS-XR
• Lead and drive technical definition of large projects spanning multiple technologies and cross-functional team
• Engage with customers to understand requirements, develop innovative solutions and drive customer network evolution
• Impact the future of networking by developing disruptive game changing systems and software
• Anticipate and work closely with developers and marketing teams at various stages such as PRD, functional spec, design reviews to develop testplans, tools and utilities
• Develop detailed architecture, functional and design specifications
• Lead and mentor junior engineer s in the team
• Conduct and participate in peer code/design reviews.
• Develop automated tests in Python/C for software validation and sustenance
• Work closely with the platform software team in defining the programming interfaces into the hardware, diagnostics, and board bring-up.
Who You Are:
You are a Principal Engineer with Master’s degree or BSC with 14+ years of experience in Computer Engineer ing, Electrical Engineer ing, Computer Science or related major
The team is in a transitional phase for IOS XR infrastructure to address the transformation to next generation network and software architectures. The next generation infrastructure needs to provide for the needs to build a dis-aggregated network architecture and dis-aggregated h/w and s/w design. The next generation infrastructure architecture is essential to modernize IOS XR operating system to be relevant for the next 10 years of product and network evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the evolution of service provide network evolution as internet enters the age of digitization and internet of things.
• Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products
• Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience
• Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards
• Work under direction of predetermined long-range goals
• Self-initiated assignments: determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
• Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Excellent teamwork and people skills
• Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux
• Experience working on embedded systems
• Experience with open source contributing to Linux open source
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscoCareers is #hiring #WeAreCisco # Principle Engineer # Networking #cloud automation #python #C #Routers #Linux systems #Networking technologies
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134