The Principal Engineer I is responsible for the design and implementation of best-in-class technology solutions for clients. The Principal Engineer I will contribute to the development and evaluation of junior personnel via apprenticeship and QA activities to ensure efficient operation of the function. This position is responsible for meeting team financial objectives through efficient SOW delivery and early escalation of potential change requests. The position provides technical leadership and must have a solid understanding of architectural models. This role will perform a hands-on function leading project development activity. The Principal Engineer I will understand models and specifications, and be able to validate architecture against requirements and assumptions. Will provide oversight over ongoing development as a reviewer and auditor, and will also be engaged in guiding Professional Services Team(s) during implementation projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define client needs and oversee project milestones to ensure expectations, timelines, and budgets are met.
- Accountable for the overall quality of project deliverables and the successful implementation of multiple solutions.
- Identify and qualify follow-on opportunities and engage senior leadership.
- Establish procedures and recommend changes to policies that have a positive impact on the organization(s) and/or implementation team.
- Occasionally interact with senior level management at client site or within the company, which involves negotiating or influencing others on matters of significance
- Build long-term, superior client relationships and proactively manage client expectations, and ensure that change control is used when scope boundaries are exceeded.
- Maintain a strong network and promote the organization at various meetings, forums, panels, publications, and conferences. Begin to establish thought leadership in the industry.
- Maintain technical certifications and attend training sessions to refine technical and consultative skills.
- Responsible for oversight and apprentice training of junior resources as assigned in the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field;
- 6 or more years of Distributed Application Development, including:
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise Cloud based application solutions using MS Azure, and/or similar platforms
- Direct system engineering or support experience involving the delivery of hardware, software and services solutions at an enterprise level for at least one product line in the designated practice.
- One or more years of experience leading others in IT infrastructure implementation
Other Position Requirements
- 8+ years .NET/ASP.NET based application development experience
- Minimum 4 years intensive experience in web based application development using micro-service architecture
- Experienced in developing app using following technologies:
- .NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, .NET 4.5, and ASP.NET
- Micro-service design and implementation
- C# Application performance tuning and testing
- Database - SQL Server 2014/2016
- Good understanding of app Security (such as authentication/authorization, security in transit and rest)
- Hands-on experience with Openstack, Docker, Service Fabric, and other containers based application solutions
- Database experience with at least 2 of the following: MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Couchbase
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of the Cloud portfolio with proven leadership skills.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and contribute to the development of the team.
- Ability to provide guidance to subordinates and effectively manage resources to meet schedules, goals, and received assignments.
- Ability to set standards, targets, measures for products and services based on knowledge of current market trends.
- Ability to investigate highly complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and lead clients and team members in a consulting environment.
- Proven ability to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements.
- Ability to communicate in n clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions.
- Effectively presents in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement.
- Manages time to focus on priorities and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Establishes a collaborative approach to problem solving ensuring that solutions generated by the team are tested and proven.
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.